Elegance with a touch of bitterness.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dancing in Brooklyn

Many of you know that we distribute Jared Flood's patterns and those of you that don't should check out the “&more “ page on the website. Are there knitters that don't know of Jared or Brooklyntweed? It is hard to imagine considering the legions of fans that follow his blog and swamp store websites when his classes are annouced. His knitting insights are refreshing, his patterns are well written classics with elegant reinterpretation and his wit is entertaining. If you don't follow his blog yet check it out at brooklyntweed.blogspot.com
.
I have to confess I have had a thing Brooklyn boys since I dated Mike that went to Erasmus High and lived off Flatbush. He taught me to make the best egg creme on the West Coast and, yes, I use Fox's Ubet. I was three steps shy of infatuation before Jared and I started our email exchanges, and now his new patterns have me a little weak in the knees.

A few things happened this week that just got me doing a little happy Brooklyn dance. One Jared announced last week on his blog that he was wholesaling his patterns to LYSes through Shibuiknits and 5 LYSs had left me emails by Monday morning. The LYS in the Shetland Islands (yes those Shetlands) had sent me three.

Two Jared has just added a elegant cabled scarf called Dryad to the Brooklyntweed line. This scarf will knit up beautifully in Shibuiknits Merino Alpaca or, for a more easy care version, use Merino Worsted. It would be ruggedly handsome in Bark or Seaweed, classic in Ivory and cozy in Mulberry. Merino Alpaca needed the love and it is a great yarn to knit cables. Rumor has it that there are a couple of mitten patterns and a wrap on it's way too in the next few weeks.



The last thing that put the spring in my step was that Jared agreed to rephotograph all of the patterns knit in Shibuiknits yarns. Here is a little preview of what will be coming by fall. Habitat in Bark Merino Alpaca, Dryad in Ivory Merino Alpaca, Porom in Baby Alpaca Mist,( yes, it is a new color for BA) Girasole in Mulberry Sock and the Tweed Baby Blanket in Bark Merino Worsted with Mulberry edging. We will also be knitting second samples, too, in other colors to use for Shibui Trunk Shows. If any of you are considering having Jared come and teach a class or two, let me know and we can arrange to have a trunk show there at the same time.

It's been a good week so far and it is only Wednesday. This Friday I'll be the Lindy Hop down Avenue J in Brooklyntweed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home